|Call for Applicants: 2018 Asia Film Digitization Project||2018.10.01||223|
Call for Applicants: 2018 Asia Film Digitization Project
Korean Film Archive (KOFA) is a member of FIAF and SEAPAVAA, and an affiliate of the Ministry of Culture, Sports and Tourism in South Korea. It has been a decade since we began digitizing our film collection; and since 2016, we are running a preservation center with the latest 4K digitization equipment along with a highly capable staff. And now we are reaching out to our fellow film archives of Asia to introduce our Asia Film Digitization Project.
Our Asia Film Digitization project aims to provide an opportunity for one of the film archives to have two(2) titles from its collection that are of significant historical and cultural importance digitized through our facilities, with the shipping and digitization expenses to be paid for by KOFA. Along with the digitization, we invite two members of the selected archive to visit KOFA to participate in a jointly-conceived workshop and a tour of our preservation center, which will also be funded by KOFA.
We hope that this to facilitate the digital preservation of these titles along with allowing audiences of South Korea and beyond to (re)discover these important works. Most importantly, we hope that it will provide a platform through which we can exchange knowledge and ideas with one of our fellow film archives in Asia.
Please note the below for detailed process of application:
• Notes for applicants
1. Please submit attached application form in English via e-mail (email@example.com) as a MS word or PDF file by Nov 20th 2018.
2. All application will be reviewed by KOFA and the final results will be notified to individual applicant via e-mail by Dec 14th 2018.
3. You can visit our website for more info on KOFA (https://eng.koreafilm.or.kr/main).
• Timeline (*subject to change)
Nov 20th, 2018: Application Deadline
Dec 14th, 2018: Notification of accepted application
Jan 2019: Signing of Written Agreements between Archives, Shipping of Film material
First half of 2019: Invitation of Members of the Selected Archive for Workshop and Tour
*Digitization is scheduled to be finished within the year 2019.
• Terms and Conditions
1. KOFA will pay for all expenses for the digitization (including shipping of the film materials and invitation of two members of the selected archive to KOFA, excluding copyright fees and negotiation fees with the copyright holder).
2. Copyright issues regarding digitization must be cleared before KOFA begins the digitization.
3. Digitization of the film does not include repairs or restoration.
4. A copy of the digitization result will be preserved at KOFA and be used within its premises for non-profit purposes with content of the copyright holder.
5. KOFA will not be responsible for damage of the film materials while in transit.
6. The selected archive and KOFA will sign an agreement with more specific terms regarding the project (handling of the film materials, responsibilities and rights of the digitization result, etc) before KOFA begins the digitization.