Discovery, Restoration & Early Cinema
Date : 2018.05.02.Wed ~ 05.31.Thu
The Cinematheque KOFA presents its 11th annual Film Series of newly restored and surviving films called “Discovery, Restoration & Early Cinema” between 2nd and 31th of May, 2018.
This year’s edition includes 43 preserved and newly restored features by Korean Film Archive, foreign film archives and world’s leading commercial studios, which features rarities from around the world. As a climax to this year’s edition, the section of “Rediscovered Korean Masterpieces” is specially arranged to celebrate the 10 anniversary of the Cinema Paradise magazine. It will be screened 13 Korean masterpieces from the lists compiled from the 62 Korean film critics’ opinions.
Moreover, screenings of the 4 early silent films starring Harold Lloyd and directed by Mario Roncoroni, Ernst Lubitsch & Abel Gance will be screened with live music, created and performed by Stephen Horne.
It includes the following 4 sections with 41 features and 2 short films.
• Rediscovered Korean Masterpieces
• Preserved and Restored Films from KOFA
• Restored Films from overseas
• Early Cinema
For Preserved and Restored Films from KOFA
• 5.12(Sat) 19:00, Talks about restoration & acquisition after the screening of THE LAST WOMAN OF SHANG
For Early Cinema
• 5.26(Sat) 14:00, Screening of THE FRESHMAN with live music performance by Stephen Horne
• 5.26(Sat) 18:00, Screening of FILIBUS with live music performance by Stephen Horne
• 5.27(Sun) 14:00, Screening of J'ACCUSE with live music performance by Stephen Horne
• 5.27(Sun) 19:00, Screening of THE DOLL with live music performance by Stephen Horne